Today, I am going to share with you how to make upma for weight loss and total calories in suji or rava upma and dalia upma.
In this article I will share with you two different upma recipes.
The first one is called Dalia Upma and the second is known as Rava or Suji Upma.
Both of these diet snack recipes are super easy to prepare and very much weight loss friendly.
I prefer to use either ghee or mustard oil in the preparation.
I refrain from using refined oil in the preparation of any diet recipes for weight loss.
So, let us get started with knowing the total calories in rava or suji upma and dalia upma.
Towards the end of the article, we will see how to make upma and dalia upma.
Total calories in upma (Rava or Suji)
The total calories in upma (Rava/Suji) are around 250 per serving. In which, you get 1.8 g of protein, 3.7 grams of fat, and 45 grams of carbs.
Below is a nutrient chart of total calories in upma.
|Nutrient name||Calories in upma (per serving)*|
|Total calories||250 calories|
The total calories in Rava or Semolina upma are around 250 calories which makes it a perfect meal for your breakfast or evening snack.
Calories in Dalia Upma
The total calories in Dalia upma are around approx 130 per serving. In which, you get around 4 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat, and 25 grams of carbs.
Find the nutrient chart table of Dalia Upma.
|Nutrient name||Calories in dalia upma (per serving)*|
|Total calories||130 calories|
As you can see Dalia Upma has approx 130 calories per serving making a perfect weight loss diet.
Once you have known the total calories in Rava Upma and Dalia Upma, it is time to check the recipes.
So, let’s get started with the recipes…
How to make Dalia Upma
To make it an even more weight loss-friendly diet, I have added a mixture of different veggies.
You can customize this Dalia Upma recipe as per your favorite veggies.
So, let’s get started with the list of ingredients first.
List of ingredients for Vegetable Dalia Upma (2 servings)
- Wheat daliya: 1/2 cup
- Carrot: 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Capsicum: 1 tbsp (chopped)
- French beans- 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Tomato: 1 (chopped)
- Green chilli: 2 (chopped)
- Ginger: 1/2 tsp (grated)
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Lemon juice: 1 tsp
- Black mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Split black gram: 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: 5-6
- Roasted ground nuts: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/3 tsp
- Oil (ghee/mustard oil): 2 tsps
- Salt: As per taste
- Mint leaves: few leaves for garnishing
- Water: 1.5 cups
How to make Dalia Upma recipe: Preparation method
- Heat a pressure cooker and oil or ghee
- Add mustard seeds and let them splutter well
- Now add split black gram and curry leaves, stir them
- Add chopped green chilies and ginger, stir them
- It is time to add dalia and fry it for 2 minutes
- Now, add all chopped veggies one by one in the cooker and stir them well
- Next, add chopped tomatoes and fry them for 2 minutes
- Add 1.5 cups of water
- Add turmeric powder and salt, mix everything well
- Close the cooker with the lid and cook for 2 whistles. Make sure, to whistle first at medium flame and second on low flame
- After 2 whistles, switch off the flame and let it cool down
- Open the lid and check the dalia if water has been absorbed properly or not
- Add roasted ground nuts and coriander leaves, mix well
- Finally, add lemon juice and mix well
Your diet dalia upma is ready to yum on
Dalia upma video recipe by @kitchen Gyaan
I hope you enjoyed learning prepraing dalia upma recipe for weight loss.
More weight loss friendly recipes for you
Let’s now see how to make rava upma…
How to make Upma (Rava/Suji/Semolina)
Have a look at the list of ingredients required to prepare rava upma recipe.
List of ingredients for Rava Upma Recipe (2 servings)
- Semolina (suji/rava)- 1 cup
- Chopped tomato- 1 medium size
- Chopped capsicum – 1 tbsp
- Chopped carrot- 1 tbsp
- Chopped french beans- 1 tbsp
- Green peas – 1tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Split black gram- 1 tsp
- Split begal gram – 2 tsps
- Red mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Grated ginger- 1 inch
- Curry leaves – 8-10
- Chopped green chilli – 2
- Broken cashew nuts – 8 to10 Pcs
- Salt – As per taste
- Ghee/mustard oil – 1.5 tbsps
- Water – 2.5 cups
How to make Vegetable Rava Upma: Preparation method
- Heat a pan and add semolina or Rava/Suji
- Roast the semolina until a nice roasting aroma comes. Make sure, not to let its color change
- Take semolina out in a separate plate
- In the same pan, add oil and let it heat
- Roast cashew nuts until they turn light golden brown, take them out
- In the same oil, add mustard seeds and let them splutter well
- Now add split Bengal grams, split black grams, curry leaves, ginger, and chilies, fry them for a few seconds
- Its time to add all chopped veggies one by one and saute them well
- Now add water (around 2.5 cups), for 1 cup suji add 2.5 cups of water
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the ingredients boil properly
- Now remove the lid and add roasted semolina slowly
- Stir semolina properly while you are adding it to the pan to avoid any lumps
- Now add salt and mix everything well
- Now cover the pan and let it cook for another 4 to 5 minutes. Cook until water absorbs properly
- Remove the lid and mix everything well
- Add lemon juice and cashew nuts, mix well
- Switch off the flame and take out your semolina on a separate plate. Enjoy your diet Rava Upma
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
I hope you enjoyed this healthy veggies rava upma recipes for your weight loss diet plan.
If you have any question regarding the recipes, do let me know on Instagram
More weight loss friendly recipes for you